BRIEF JOB SUMMARY:
To work as a member of the Colorectal Nurse Team which provides assessment, planning and implementation of colorectal care to patients and carers. To assist in the delivery of high standards of care to the individual under the direction of a qualified colorectal care nurse, carrying out a range of duties in the hospital setting.
- Provide clinical and non-clinical support to the Colorectal team under the direction of an appropriate registered health care professional.
- Perform various administrative duties including stock ordering, composing letters, managing MDT, and handling documentation.
- Carry out designated clerical duties as delegated by the Ward/Unit Manager, Registered Nurse/health care professional.
- Deliver direct and indirect care as delegated under the direction and supervision of an appropriate registered health care professional.
- Support the delivery of effective health care to patients/service users by undertaking duties as identified by the multi- professional team.
- Undertake specified and unsupervised aspects of care and therapeutic intervention as delegated by the registered health care professional within an agreed protocol, sphere of responsibility and after completing appropriate competency- based training agreed by the Trust.
- Ensure effective communication with patients, relatives, carers and other professionals and agencies.
- Ensure confidentiality and safe keeping of clients records.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with current best practice.
- Work in accordance with policies and procedural guidelines.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with customers that will enhance the Company’s quality image.
- Previous knowledge of colorectal nursing background
- Experience of administrative duties
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to work autonomously
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Introductory Bonus Scheme
- Free yearly flu vaccination
- Discounts on selected products and services
- Employee Assistance Programme – Health and Wellbeing
If you require any assistance or adjustments to be made when either applying for a position or attending interview, please e-mail us email@example.com
or give us a call on 01628 859726 and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.