BRIEF JOB SUMMARY:
Working at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust the post holder will deliver high quality, evidence based care to all patients who have or may require the formation of a stoma within the hospital setting. The post holder will also provide expert advice and education for all staff within the hospital. The post holder is responsible for reviewing, auditing and improving the quality of care delivered.
The post holder in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised nursing care of the patient with a stoma or fistula.
- Liaise with appropriate hospital staff to facilitate the provision of high-quality care to all patients who have a stoma.
- To act as the patients’ advocate, through effective support and information enabling them to make informed choices and decisions concerning treatment.
- To liaise with the community and continuing care teams providing a seamless service between hospital and home.
- To act as an expert resource for nursing staff involved in the care of patients with stoma/ colorectal disease, providing support, guidance and teaching programmes.
- To identify and utilise resources or facilities at local or national levels.
- To convey knowledge of organizations who provide extra support for this specialised client group.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with current best practice.
- To work in accordance with the Trust policies and procedural guidelines collection and patient record updating.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of the prescription delivery service.
- Support Health Care Professionals by advising on best practice through clinical patient reviews resulting in the delivery of improved patient care.
Essentially you will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self motivated to and able to work to set objectives, be able to manage your time and resources efficiently, possess good communication and interpersonal skills, have a determination to succeed and possess a good knowledge of primary care patient management systems.
This role requires flexibility in working and the post holder would be required to attend regional and company meetings which may necessitate occasional overnight stays.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with customers that will enhance the Company’s quality image.
- Proven post registration experience
- NMC Registered
- Stoma or Colorectal background.
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in order to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Determination to progress professionally in Stoma/Colorectal nursing
- Ability to interrogate data and formulate advice, plans of action and reports
- Confidence to present a positive image of self and the Company
- Able to influence others
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- IT skills, including excel
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Professional membership fees paid: RCN and NMC
- Lunch Allowance
- Life Assurance
- No unsocial hours
- Introductory Bonus scheme
- Free yearly flu vaccination
- Discounts on selected products and services
- Help @ Hand - Employee Health and Wellbeing Assistance
If you require any assistance or adjustments to be made when either applying for a position or attending interview, please e-mail us email@example.com or give us a call on 01628 859726 and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.