Reporting to the Colorectal Nurse Manager, you will deliver safe and effective patient centered services, which meet local, regional, and national requirements for patients with a colorectal cancer and other related colorectal disease under the direction of the Colorectal Nurse Manager.
You will support the development of the nursing service to achieve person centered care. You will work towards providing clinical expertise within the specialist area of colorectal cancer and other related colorectal disease. You will also support the co-ordination of patient care across the clinical pathway in conjunction with the multi-professional team.
Essentially, you will be a forward thinking registered nurse, whose preceptorship is complete and who can demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the flexibility to meet the needs of the patients and the service. As an important member of a larger team, you will be comfortable with independence as your day to day activities will be carried out autonomously, with support provided where necessary. You must be able to provide evidence of continuing professional development.
You will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self-motivated and able to work to set objectives. You will need to manage your time and resources efficiently, whilst possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the determination to succeed In your chosen field.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with patients and health care professionals that will enhance the Company’s quality image.
As well as a challenging and rewarding role, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, competency based learning and development in stoma colorectal nursing, continuous professional development enhancing competencies and knowledge, flexible working and no unsocial hours (Monday to Friday).
This position is subject to the successful candidate being asked to apply for Disclosure at Enhanced Level. Further information regarding disclosure can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk
- Registered Nurse Qualification
- Qualified with NMC registration and having completed preceptorship
- Current experience in a general nursing environment
- Able to demonstrate an interest in Colorectal or Stoma nursing (or specialist knowledge in the care of the colorectal surgical patient)
- Excellent communication skills, good networker and rapport builder
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively
- Dynamic, forward thinking and able to influence others
- Determination to progress professionally within stoma and/or colorectal nursing
- Confidence to present a positive image of self and the Company
- Computer literate
- Ability to develop multi-disciplinary working practices
- Demonstrate evidence of autonomous working practices
- Ability to interrogate data and formulate advice, plans of action and reports
- Driving Licence
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Professional membership fees paid: RCN/Unison and NMC
- Lunch allowance
- No unsocial hours
- Introductory Bonus Scheme
- Free yearly flu vaccination
- Discounts on selected products and services
- Employee Assistance Programme – Health and Wellbeing
If you require any assistance or adjustments to be made when either applying for a position or attending interview, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.