SecuriCare Coronavirus Update
This communication is to update our patients and other interested parties on the actions we have already taken to prepare our business to respond to the developing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its potential impacts on our patients, our colleagues and the UK as a whole.
SecuriCare are able to continue dispensing prescriptions and we currently do not foresee any product supply issues. In line with NHS and Department of Health & Social Care guidance, we encourage patients to not increase orders. Please note that we may have to limit supply of a small number of high usage products to ensure all patients can obtain a regular supply during this time.
The SecuriCare Board of Directors are continually reviewing the preparedness of the business for managing the developing outbreak; including holding specific meetings solely on this subject. Their reviews and decisions are in line with the UK government’s position and official guidance. In addition to this our primary objective is to continue to run as close to a “business as usual” basis as possible to ensure ongoing continuity of supply of your medical appliances. Any area of our business focussed on the continued delivery of medical appliances to our customers is considered “business-critical”. These areas and their supporting structures have been prioritised in all our work. Our existing business continuity plans have been fully reviewed in the last few weeks to ensure that they will enable us to respond to the changing situation.
In addition, we have taken a number of steps to reduce risk:
- Regularly reviewing all external patient and customer meetings as the situation evolves and rearranging as appropriate.
- Reinforcing the need for regular handwashing across our business.
- Making hand sanitising gel available to all staff.
- Reducing face-to-face contact between our employees where possible by utilising electronic alternatives such as web and teleconferencing facilities.
- Reducing business travel where possible.
- Reviewing working from home options to support potential increased working from home
As the situation in the UK develops, SecuriCare will continue to update you on the actions we are taking to maintain supply of your medical appliances.
We appreciate that this is a concerning time. We can assure you that we are doing all we can to ensure you continue to receive your supplies as and when you require them.