Working at the University Hospitals of Leicester the post holder will deliver high quality, evidence based care to all patients who require surgery, and who have or may require the formation of a stoma – both within the hospital and the community setting. You will also provide expert advice and education for all staff within the hospital and community. You are responsible for reviewing, auditing and improving the quality of care delivered.
The post holder in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised nursing care of the patient with a stoma or fistula.
- Liaise with appropriate hospital staff to facilitate the provision of high quality care to all patients who have a stoma.
- To act as the patients’ advocate, through effective support and information enabling them to make informed choices and decisions concerning treatment.
- To liaise with the community and continuing care teams providing a seamless service between hospital and home.
- To act as an expert resource for nursing staff involved in the care of patients with stoma/ colorectal disease, providing support, guidance and teaching programmes.
- To identify and utilise resources or facilities at local or national levels.
- To convey knowledge of organizations who provide extra support for this specialised client group.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with current best practice.
- To work in accordance with the Trust policies and procedural guidelines collection and patient record updating.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of the prescription delivery service.
- Support Health Care Professionals by advising on best practice through clinical patient reviews resulting in the delivery of improved patient care.
Essentially you will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self motivated to and able to work to set objectives. You will be able to manage your time and resources efficiently together with possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the determination to succeed and possess a good knowledge of primary care patient management systems.
This role requires flexibility in working patterns that involve travel within an identified region/territory and the post holder would be required to attend regional and company meetings which may necessitate occasional overnight stays. From time to time you may be required to cover other regions/ territories.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with patients and Health Care Professionals that will enhance the Company’s quality image.
- Proven post registration experience
- NMC Registered
- Demonstrates evidence of ability to learn to degree level
- Stoma or Colorectal background
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in order to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Determination to progress professionally in Stoma/Colorectal nursing
- Excellent communication skills, good networker and rapport builder
- Ability to interrogate data and formulate advice, plans of action and reports
- Confidence to present a positive image of self and the Company
- Able to influence others
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- IT skills, including excel
- Ability to work autonomously
- Full and valid Driving Licence