Full time - 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 5:00pm (with half an hour for lunch)
Part time option considered – 32 hours per week - minimum 4 days per week – 8.30am to 5.00pm (with half an hour for lunch)
Brief Job Summary:
You will be a professional, ethical pharmacist who believes in always providing outstanding patient care and customer service.
In your position, you will ensure compliance with associated guidance provided by the GPhC. Your responsibilities will encompass the - daily operations and management of the mail order/on-line pharmacy, and the dispensing of prescription medicines to the public, following prescriptions issued by an authorised medical practitioner. Additionally, you will manage a small team that includes a Pharmacist and Dispensers, fostering a collaborative teamwork approach that facilitates accurate and timely completion of tasks.
You will ensure that different treatments are compatible; checking dosage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labelled. Supervising the preparation of medicines, you will maintain a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes. You will liaise with doctors regarding prescriptions and provide counselling and advice to our patients concerning the treatment of minor ailments.
You will advise patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments and prepare dosette boxes. Other services you will be involved in will include new medicine reviews. You will provide a prescription intervention service and coordinate the delivery of prescription medication to the patients by liaising with our Distribution and Patient Services departments.
Keeping up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses is imperative.
- Must be UK registered Pharmacist with valid GPhC Number
- Accredited to provide Essential, Advanced and Enhanced services
- Must be able to satisfy the necessary fitness to practice requirements
- Proven experience in a Community (Retail) Pharmacist role
- Experienced line manager
- You will be a team player who is involved in growing the business
- You will be professional and ethical in addition to always providing outstanding patient care and customer services
- You will be an excellent communicator who is confident at networking with patients and local healthcare professionals
- You will be service focused and keen to develop and grow the service
- Experience with using Pharmacy systems
- Experience of mail order/on-line Pharmacy
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Onsite free car parking
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
- Introductory Bonus scheme
- Free yearly flu vaccination
- Discounts on selected products and services
- Employee Assistance Programme – Health and Wellbeing
If you require any assistance or adjustments to be made when either applying for a position or attending interview, please e-mail us email@example.com or give us a call on 01628 859726 and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.