You will deliver high quality, evidence based care to all patients who require surgery and who have or may require the formation of a stoma – both within the hospital and community setting. You will also provide expert advice and education for all staff within the community and hospital.
Working within the Primary Care sector you will assess patients in their own homes, hospital or GP surgeries, run nurse led clinics and implement clinical and product reviews.
You will be offering clinic appointments to our existing patients. You will be responsible for supporting Health Care Professionals by advising on best practice through clinical patient reviews resulting in the delivery of improved patient care.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the prescription delivery service and the delivery of new patients onto the Home Delivery Service.
Essentially you will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self-motivated to and able to work to set objectives. You will be able to manage your time and resources efficiently together with possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the determination to succeed and possess a good knowledge of primary care patient management systems.
This role requires flexibility in working patterns that involve travel within an identified region/territory and the post holder would be required to attend regional and company meetings which may necessitate occasional overnight stays. From time to time you may be required to cover other regions/territories.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with customers that will enhance the Company’s quality image.
- Registered Nurse Qualification
- NMC Registered
- Two/three years post registration experience
- Stoma or Colorectal background
- To complete the V150 Independent Prescriber qualification with agreed period of time post induction to the post
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to work autonomously
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Determination to progress professionally in Stoma/Colorectal nursing
- Full and valid driving licence
- IT skills, including excel