Working within the Primary Care sector you will assess patients in their own homes, hospital or GP surgeries, run nurse led clinics and implement clinical and product reviews.
You will advise GP's, CCG's and MMG's on how to rationalise the prescribing of stoma products by offering GP review clinics, home visits and through feedback of results. Yu will input to a database to assist the surgeries with monitoring of prescription costs and updating patient records on an annual basis to maintain GP surgery relationships.
You will also be offering clinic appointments to our existing patients. You will be responsible for supporting Health Care Professionals by advising on best practice through clinical patient reviews resulting in the delivery of improved patient care. You will be responsible for running nurse led clinics and will implement clinical and product reviews.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the prescription delivery service and the delivery of new patients onto the Home Delivery Service.
Essentially you will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self-motivated to and able to work to set objectives. You will be able to manage your time and resources efficiently together with possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the determination to succeed and possess a good knowledge of primary care patient management systems.
This role requires flexibility in working patterns that involve travel within an identified region/territory and the post holder would be required to attend regional and company meetings which may necessitate occasional overnight stays. From time to time you may be required to cover other regions/territories.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with customers that will enhance the Company's quality image.
- Proven post registration experience
- NMC Registered
- Educated to degree level (or evidence of completed modules at degree level)
- Stoma or Colorectal background
- To complete the V150 Independent Prescriber qualification with agreed period of time post induction into the post
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in order to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Determination to progress professionally in Stoma/Colorectal nursing
- Full and valid driving licence
- Excellent communication skills, good networker and rapport builder
- Ability to interrogate data and formulate advice, plans of action and reports
- Confidence to present a positive image of self and the Company
- Able to influence others
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- IT skills including excel
- Ability to work autonomously