Working within the Primary Care sector you will assess patients in their own homes, hospital and GP surgeries; run nurse lead clinics, implement clinical and product reviews and assist GP's CCG's and MMG's to rationalise the prescribing of stoma products. You will also offer clinic appointments to existing patients, formulate a database to assist with data collection and patient record updating. You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the prescription delivery service, deliver new patients onto the Home Delivery Service and support healthcare professionals by advising on best practice through clinical patient reviews resulting in the delivery of improved patient care.
Essentially you will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self motivated to and able to work to set objectives, be able to manage your time and resources efficiently, possess good communication and interpersonal skills, have a determination to succeed and possess a good knowledge of primary care patient management systems.
This role requires flexibility in working patterns that involve travel within an identified region/territory and the post older would be required to attend regional and company meetings which may necessitate occasional overnight stays. From time to time you may be required to cover other regions/territories.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with customers that will enhance the Company's quality image.
- Registered Nurse Qualification
- NMC registered
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to learn at degree level
- Stoma or colorectal background
- To complete the V150 Independent Prescriber qualification with an agreed period of time post induction into the post
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- IT skills, including excel
- Ability to work autonomously
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Determination to progress professional in Stoma/Colorectal nursing
- Driving licence
Apply for this job