Reporting to the Colorectal Nurse Manager, you will deliver safe and effective patient centered services, which meet national, regional and local requirements for patients with a colorectal cancer and other related colorectal disease under the direction of the Colorectal Nurse Manager.
You will support the development of the nursing service to achieve person centered care under the direction of the Colorectal Nurse Manager. You will provide clinical expertise within the specialist area of colorectal cancer and other related colorectal disease. You will also ensure the co-ordination of patient care across the clinical pathway in conjunction with the multi-professional team.
Essentially, you will be a forward thinking registered nurse, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the flexibility to meet the needs of the patients and the service. As an important member of a larger team, you will be comfortable with independence as your day to day activities will be carried out autonomously. You must be able to provide evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrate commercial awareness.
You will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self-motivated and able to work to set objectives. You will need to manage your time and resources efficiently, whilst possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the determination to succeed. You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with patients and health care professionals that will enhance the Company’s quality image.
As well as a challenging and rewarding role, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, competency based learning and development in stoma colorectal nursing, continuous professional development enhancing competencies and knowledge, flexible working practices and no unsocial hours (Monday to Friday).
- Registered Nurse Qualification
- NMC Registered
- Commercial awareness
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to learn at degree level
- Colorectal or Stoma background (or specialist knowledge in the care of the colorectal surgical patient)
- Excellent communication skills, good networker and rapport builder
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively
- Ability to interrogate data and formulate advice, plans of action and reports
- Dynamic, forward thinking and able to influence others
- Determination to progress professionally in Colorectal/Stoma nursing
- Confidence to present a positive image of self and the Company
- Computer literate
- Development of multi-disciplinary working practices
- Evidence of autonomous working practices
- Driving Licence
If you require any assistance or adjustments to be made when either applying for a position or attending interview, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01628 859726 and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.