Reporting to the Colorectal Nurse Manager, you will deliver safe and effective patient centered services, which meet national, regional and local requirements for patients with a colorectal cancer and other related colorectal disease under the direction of the Colorectal Nurse Manager.
You will support the development of the nursing service to achieve person centered care under the direction of the Colorectal Nurse Manager. You will provide clinical expertise within the specialist area of colorectal cancer and other related colorectal disease. You will also ensure the co-ordination of patient care across the clinical pathway in conjunction with the multi-professional team.
Essentially, you will be a forward thinking registered nurse, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the flexibility to meet the needs of the patients and the service. As an important member of a larger team, you will be comfortable with independence, as you day to day activities will be carried out autonomously. You will be able to provide evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrate commercial awareness.
You will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self-motivated and able to work to set objectives. You will need to manage your time and resources efficiently, whilst possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the determination to succeed. You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with patients and healthcare professionals that will enhance the Company's quality image.
- Registered Nurse Qualification
- NMC registered
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to learn at degree level
- Commercial awareness
- Colorectal or Stoma background (or specialist knowledge in the care of the colorectal surgical patient)
- Excellent communication skills, good networker and rapport builder
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively
- Ability to interrogate data and formulate advice, plans of action and reports
- Dynamic, forward thinking and able to influence others
- Determination to progress professionally in Stoma Colorectal nursing
- Confidence to present a positive image of self and the company
- Computer literate
- Development of multi-disciplinary working practices
- Evidence of autonomous working practice
- Driving licence
Apply for this job