Provides Extensive Support for Patients and Clinicians
SecuriCare has one of the largest independent teams of specialist stoma care nurses in the NHS. Working across the UK, we employ over 40 stoma care nurses.
All our qualified specialist nurses are registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and have a minimum of 2 years colorectal experience; most hold an English National Board qualification in colorectal/stoma care and all practice within the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code – “The Code” (2015).
Meet the SecuriCare specialist nursing team
- Stoma care first developed in the late 1970s. SecuriCare was the first company to employ stoma care nurses in areas of the country where there was no NHS stoma care provision.
- In the mid 1980’s there was a team of just 8 SecuriCare nurses that provided the specialist care from London to Cumbria. They wore distinctive smart navy suits and travelled hundreds of miles during the course of a working week.
- We are now a team of over 40 specialist nurses and support workers, who deliver care within the hospital and community setting, in areas from Kent to Carlisle!
- SecuriCare are proud of our ever evolving patient care pathway standards, which are Royal College of Nursing accredited. This pathway is developed to give support, offer advice and meet the requirements that make a significant difference to patients’ quality of life before and following stoma formation.
- We are also very proud of members of our team who have written and published articles for nursing journals, conducted presentations at the annual stoma care conference and we take pride in our RCN accredited e-learning teaching package for other healthcare professionals.
- If you would like to contact one of our SecuriCare specialist nurses, new customers can contact us on freephone 0800 585 125, our existing SecuriCare home delivery service customers on 0800 318 965. We also run a number of SecuriCare stoma nurse clinics throughout the country